Headlines
NSCDC arrests 3 over alleged N7m internet fraud in Edo
Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Edo State Command, have arrested three suspected internet fraudsters over an alleged N7 million fraud in the state.
The suspects, identified as Peter Odion, 21; Anthony Ernest, 20; and Destiny Saturday, 20, all from Ebele in Igueben Local Government Area of the state, allegedly defrauded a Nigerian resident in Italy.
The Edo State NSCDC Commandant, Akintayo Saidi Ayinla, said the suspects allegedly defrauded the victim after using a female photograph to establish contact with him on Facebook.
- 2027: Why I am not a member of Tinubu campaign council – Wike
- “He Beats Her For Hanging Out With Friends” – Phyna Makes Shocking Claims About Bella And Sheggz’s Troubled Relationship
He said one of the suspects, Destiny, reportedly posed as a female native doctor and claimed to be a powerful spiritualist capable of making the victim rich through spiritual means.
According to him, the victim, having been convinced, allegedly made several payments to Destiny for the purported spiritual work before realising that he had been scammed.
Ayinla said following the incident, one Barrister Oni Isibor petitioned the NSCDC on behalf of the victim, requesting an investigation into the alleged fraud.
He said acting on the petition, NSCDC operatives, through advanced technology and intelligence-driven tracking, successfully traced and arrested the three suspects.
The commandant said the suspects had reportedly confessed to the offence and would be charged to court upon completion of the investigation.
